General Guide Lines
Mango is a very delicate fruit and needs good care and precautions while handling. Below are some points which can be followed when you receive your box of happiness:
- Do not refrigerate or freeze mangoes before they are fully ripped.
- Ideal ripening temperature range for mangoes is between 23-26 deg C. Mangoes must be stored at this temperature for ripening, or else they won’t ripen fully.
- The ideal relative humidity more mangoes to ripen is 80-90% and it needs to be maintain for good ripening results.
- Once ripen, the Mangoes can be stored in a fridge to prolong shelf life. Avoid taking mangoes out of the fridge frequently as it will cause tissue damage.
- Mango ripens well in a dark place at the proper temperature and humidity. Some people place it in a brown bag with bananas. Bananas release gases during ripening which accelerate the ripening process of a mango.
- As it ripens, Mango needs to breathe, do not keep mangoes in non-breathing material.